Hewitt College is a private secondary school in Cork offering three-year, two year and one year Leaving Certificate Programmes. Cited by the Irish Times as “the most successful grinds school in the state,” Hewitt College boasts an extraordinary teaching staff, dedicated students, and a diverse range of subjects allowing students to tailor their studies to their Leaving Cert goals.
- To provide daytime, evening and weekend study facilities so that students can learn in a disciplined, supportive environment.
- The provision of extra tutorials
- Specialised oral language classes
- Teachers and study supervisors available for advice, consultation and help with difficulties.
- Extra timetable hours, in 5th and 6th year, devoted to more time-consuming subjects such as Maths, English, Geography, Business, French and Irish.
- Continuous assessment to ensure that you are making constant progress during the academic year.
- Regular parental contact – monthly reports are emailed to parents.
Not all students are accepted into Hewitt College. This is vital if we are to meet the needs of those students who have entrusted their future to us.
Our teachers are diligent; however, this will not compensate if you are unwilling to make the effort required. Should you be prepared for this undertaking, then we will provide you with an environment which is centered around your abilities, needs and points requirements.
We expect you to follow college rules and work to the best of your ability. In return, we will do our utmost to help you achieve your aims.
What is a typical day in Hewitt College?
- School begins at 8.45 a.m. each day and ends at 4.15 p.m.
- If a student does not have class, supervised study is attended.
- Morning break: 10.45 a.m.-11.00 a.m.
- Lunchtime: 12.45 p.m. -1.30 p.m.
- Evening Break: 4.15 p.m. -5.00 p.m.
- Supervised Study: 5.00 p.m. -7.00 p.m. / 7.15 p.m. -9.00 p.m.
Do students of Hewitt College wear a Uniform?
- At Hewitt College there is no uniform.
- Dress code – comfortable yet respectable!
We provide a list of carefully selected accommodation for students who do not live within a commuting distance of the school. This list is available on request.